Preview analyses individual student responses to 300 questions and produces an Interest Profile based on over 40 broad career areas. It can be integrated into the school's careers curriculum, or used independently by careers advisers.
Preview is carefully designed to:
- Stimulate thought and lively discussion around careers
- Give students information on the top key career areas that may be of interest
- Provide a personalised AS/A level or IB subject selection chart needed according to different career areas
- Stimulate further careers research along with a structured way for students to investigate their options and ask the right questions
- Incorporate two follow up interviews – either provided by COA or done in-house and supported by COA.
What else is included for schools?
Talks for students
COA representative attending two parent meetings or events per year or give a talk.
All testing materials
Online access to MySchool for staff
Optional In-house training for careers/HE staff and tutors
What else is included for students?
Individual Preview workbook
Action Plans and Career Analysis Forms
The Careers Directory
The Personal Development Guide
Free online access to MyCareersRoom to get answers to key questions
Use of School Leaver Advisory Service (up to age of 24)
Our interviewing service is an optional part of the Preview programme. It provides:
- Either a single hand-over interview or a hand-over interview and a follow-up interview (after students have done some initial research).
- Hand-over interviews are designed to help the student understand and utilise the feedback and start focused research.
- Follow-up interviews help the student to reflect on the research findings and consider the implications in terms of choice of subjects for further study and action planning.
Benefits and advantages
- The interviews take place over a one or two day period
- They take place at a time which fits into the school schedule
- The interviewers ensure that the students understand how to make full use of their Preview Workbook
- The students receive independent impartial advice on careers and/or HE issues
- The timetable is agreed in advance with the school to ensure minimum disruption and to accommodate pre-arranged commitments
- It helps school careers staff or tutors make best use of their time allocation.