Motivate pupils into thinking about the world of careers, inspire them to pursue their ambitions, and profile new students from the UK or overseas.
All the career guidance tools you need for 12 to 18 year olds.
The online management system for schools, academies and colleges that use COA programmes. It includes:
- A secure archive of all processed workbooks and online staff summaries
- Real-time tracking information for students completing web-based questionnaires
- A library of useful COA PowerPoints, posters, manuals and brochures to download
- Up-to-date news on Careers and Higher Education
- A facility for staff to monitor the research that each student is doing in MyCareersRoom
- An archive of student data for all nominated staff within a school
- A facility for sharing relevant student data during end-of-year transition
- An invaluable back-up system if students lose workbooks
Give students the help they need
Our range of publications has been created answer students' questions around what careers are out there, what people earn, how to write a winning personal statement and more. Choose from:
- Personal Statement Planner
- 60 Successful Personal Statements
- The latest Careers Directory
- Personal Development Guide
As part of Preview or Centigrade, students can have one-to-one 20-minute interviews with an experienced COA staff member. Summary notes provided.
Benefits and advantages
- Timings organised to suit school schedule
- Students shown how to make full use of their Workbooks
- Expert, impartial and individual advice for students on careers and HE issues
Learn, socialise, network
Event date — Thursday 29th November
This meeting will discuss how as advisers we can help students prepare for recruitment processes including interviews and psychometric tests in readiness for the competitive job market ahead.
Event date — Tuesday 20th November
The future of work, shaped by technology, threatens graduate jobs, even in traditional professions. So how do we equip students for their future, not the world we know?
Event date — Friday 19th October
As a continuously developing field, cyber security offers a wide range of stimulating careers and opportunities for pupils who want to make a difference.
Should Schools Be Given An Ofsted Rating For Careers Advice? 25th October 2018
At a recent committee of MPs, it was suggested that schools should be specifically rated by Ofsted on the quality of their careers advice. This would be a significant development for the CIEAG industry, and for schools as a whole.
Should Schools Have A Dedicated Careers Adviser? 12th October 2018
The new statutory guidance on careers education, published by the DfE, was published at the start of this year. It reflects the government’s new careers strategy, and changes the ways that schools are expected to carry out their careers education.