A one-day training event led by David Andrews OBE
|Leader:||David Andrews OBE|
|Date:||Wednesday 13th June 2018|
|Time:||10:00 to 16:00|
|Venue:||Oxford & Cambridge Club, 71-77 Pall Mall, London, SW1Y 5HD|
|Cost:||£180 including lunch, refreshments and course materials|
|Topic:||An essential course for new careers leaders in schools|
Are you a recently appointed careers leader?
Our hugely popular one-day course has been specifically designed to help and support newly appointed staff taking on a careers role in school. With the new careers legislation in place, it’s more important than ever to ensure that careers provision in your school is consistent, well-designed and engaging.
This course will be led by David Andrews OBE, who is a fellow of the National Institute for Careers Education and Counselling (NICEC).
The course will cover:
- an introduction to careers education and guidance principles, policy and practice,li>
- practical help with taking on the job of leading and managing careers work in a school,
- an overview of the aims and components of careers programmes in schools,
- an examination of the role of head of careers/careers coordinator in the current context,
- information about useful resources and sources of support.